Tuesday, December 20, 2011

O Tannenbaum

Mini Gingerbread Houses

O Tannenbaum, o Tannenbaum!
Du kannst mir sehr gefallen!
Wie oft hat nicht zur Weihnachtszeit
Ein Baum von dir mich hoch erfreut!
O Tannenbaum, o Tannenbaum!
Du kannst mir sehr gefallen!

If you go out in the woods today...

Hubby is finally home for the holidays so we all hopped into the truck and headed out into the forest in search of the perfect Christmas tree :)

Beautiful View

As we drove we climbed higher and higher up the mountain and our view overlooking the lake below became more beautiful...

Snow

and we even found some snow *grin*.

Hard Work :)

We finally picked the perfect tree and the children each took a turn sawing through its trunk and off home we went with our tannenbaum :) We've set it outside the front door for the night to dry off a bit and tomorrow it will make its way into our family room where we can get it all decorated up just in time for Christmas eve!

Advent Sunday

Sunday saw us light our fourth candle for advent and you should have heard the squeals of delight as the youngest two realized that we were only days from Christmas :) We made our last trip into the city this morning to pick up a few last minute things we needed and now we're ready to snuggle down in our home for the rest of the holidays.

Hubby is home until the day after boxing day and I couldn't have wished for a better Christmas present! We're all together and what a special time we will have :)

Hugs,
Rosina

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your gingerbread house! I wanted to bake ours this year but we've been so busy we opted for a kit again. I wish I could say we are hunkering down now until after Christmas...I envy you for that and look forward to our future Christmas's when we are able to do the same in our earthship :)

Jennifer Hoots said...

Anticipation is in high gear here, as well! I am only going to the store once more before Christmas to get food we need for the weekend. Then, I am locking the doors and no one is going out or in. Well, I wish! My husband still has to work until Friday noon. :-) He would not like it if I locked him out. lol. Have a great celebration.

Rebecca (socks-for-mum) said...

What a BEAUTIFUL Advent Candle! I have never seen one like that before. Your photos are beautiful and it looks like you have a wonderful 'Tannenbaum' tradition going there! Merry Christmas!

Rosina {Rosy ~ Posy} said...

Merry Christmas everyone :)

quailene said...

Where did you find your advent candle holder????? I LOVE it! If you have any info. on where I can find one, would you mind emailing me at quailene@gmail.com

Thanks!