Saturday, December 4, 2010

Big Truck Christmas Parade

Big Truck Parade

The kids and I snuck away for a night and had fun in the city :) It was my sister's birthday yesterday so we met up with my mom and dad and my sister and her husband for dinner and a little moonlight shopping and parade action *grin*.

Big Truck Parade

It just happened that there was a 'big truck' christmas parade happening just before our dinner reservations so the kids and I thought that we would brave the freezing cold and take part in the festivities. It was so busy that we could barely find parking and ended up walking a block in the dark to make it to the main street just in time to see the trucks going by. It was actually quite cute as we made our way through the crowd in a long chain of four all holding hands :)

Big Truck Parade

There were fire trucks, police cars, semi trucks, a cement truck, a backhoe on a flatbed Santa Claus and the Mrs.... what a great idea! What kid doesn't love to see all the big trucks decked out in bright lights and by the size of the crowd I'd say it was a huge success :) My little guy was just captivated with all of the action going on around us as we got to get an up close look at all of the trucks once they had finished their route. We had to rush off to dinner just after the parade ended but not before we got to see the big Christmas tree lit up in the town center.

It was a night full of surprises for the kids. First they had no idea that they were going to see the parade and then we all got to spend the night at my sister's house :) She has enough room for all of us to stay so they got to watch a movie, camp out in the living room and then we spend half of today with her before heading home. It was so nice to just hang out at her house that I could have stayed another night *grin*.

We had to get back though and it just happened that Hubby came home tonight to! Yay :) I think we have a couple of days with him before he heads back out on the water for one last trip north before Christmas. I can't believe how quickly this year is unfolding. Not to many days left for making presents so I better kick my butt into high gear! How about you, are you ready?? I'm not *grin*.

Hugs,
Rosina

2 comments:

Grace said...

What fun! The truck idea is hilarious.

Crystal M. said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today- I thought I'd see yours too! I LOVE the pictures of the big truck parade! My kids would enjoy that- and especially my husband! ;)