Monday, August 16, 2010

Homecoming and Sad News

Traveling

I know I've been mysteriously absent for the last couple of weeks but I have a great excuse :) We took a family vacation and went camping throughout BC's interior. We hitched up our travel trailer, jumped on a ferry heading off the island and hit the open road *grin*. I have TONS of photos that I can't wait to share with all of you but it's going to take me a bit to get them all off of my camera and into my flickr account.

Special bag for my dad

Sadly upon our return I learned that my dad had been diagnosed with colon cancer while I was away and has been scheduled for immediate surgery this week to remove a portion of his colon and to check if it has spread to any of his lymph nodes.

It has been a bit surreal. I know it's going to hit me tomorrow when I take him into town for his pre-op appointment and find out what time his surgery will be and I'm hoping that you will be able to remember him in your prayers. He beat prostate cancer 4 years ago and he's a real fighter so I'm keeping optimistic that he's going to pull through this and be good as new but I'm still worried.

I spent this evening making a special cloth bag for him to pack his toiletries in tomorrow for his hospital stay with little embroidered 'I Love You' notes inside of it so every time he opens it he knows we're thinking of him even when we can't be there every minute of the day during his stay.

I'm not sure how much blogging I will be able to do over the next week while he is recovering but I'll try to pop in and give you an update or you can check my twitter status as that will probably be the easiest place for me to post updates quickly and easily while being on the road back and forth from home and hospital.

~ Rosina

7 comments:

Lea said...

I will surely pray... I went through this same battle with my daddy 9 years ago....

Laura said...

Sending up prayers for you all. Very tough stuff. I love that you are dealing with things by making something to give him comfort. Hang in there!

Kristy said...

I will be praying for your family. My mom has beat cancer 3x--Breast cancer twice (20 years apart-resulting in mastectomies each time) and cervical cancer. It is very scary.

Anonymous said...

Oh Rosina - I'm so sorry to hear this news. My dad went through this about 3 1/2 years ago. It was scary - and I'll be praying for your dad...and for your entire family.
Much love to you - and you know where to find me if you need to talk. xoxo Debbie

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear the news Rosina. I will pray for your father!

Unknown said...

oh Rosina, glad you hada chance to vacation...sorry though you got bad news regarding your Dad. I am sending my prayers your way, for his strength...I hope he will be able to battle this too! There are no words to express the hurt feelings you and your family have. May your faith in God bring you through.Hugs bloggy friend..Mica

Jennifer Hoots said...

I am glad his surgery went well and I know his special ladies will take such good care of him that he will be up and around in no time.
Praying the tests come back good on the nodes. Blessings...Jenn