Friday, April 9, 2010

Hexagons on the Hoop

hexagon quilt

Thought that I would share how I'm doing with my little hexagon quilt :)
I had originally intended to give it to my daughter for Easter but with all of the bunny goodness that I ended up making for her I thought that I would hang on to the quilt and give it at a later date so that her brothers didn't think she was getting spoiled *wink*.

hexagon quilt

I found the most vivid fuschia colored linen to finish it with. I just LOVE the color and I'm absolutely smitten with linen right now so I just had to buy it *grin*.

I pinned the hexagons to the linen with some quilting safety pins I had to keep it as smooth as possible so that it wouldn't bunch underneath as I shift the larger piece of linen around and now I've got it on my hoop so that I can start to quilt inside the hexagons :) I've decided that I'm going to do a little bit of free hand embroidery inside the green linen hexagons and put 'love mama' and the year and so on for her to. I can't wait to get a little more time to work on it, it's going to be so cute!!

~ Rosina

1 comment:

craftydill said...

Beautiful, Rosy! Did you applique the hexagon piece to the linen or will the two pieces be attached during your quilting phase? That fuschia linen is perfect for the hexs!

Have a nice weekend!
-Michelle