Saturday, June 13, 2009

A Work in Progress

Reduce & Reuse Stamp

I've been wracking my brain trying to come up with a fun way to share about recycling on my packages when I mail them so that when they reach their destination the person receiving them knows that they can reuse or upcycle the shipping envelope again so that it doesn't just get tossed into the trash.

It just happens that my son has this great little garbage truck that we picked up at the thrift shop and it's actually a green recycling truck with recycling symbols all over it and it hit me that I could make some sort of rubber stamp with the same sort of sign and then add on my 'reduce' and 'reuse' tag that I love to add into my item listings :) So I fiddled around with the arrows and lettering for a while until I got it just right and then added in a cutsie little heart into the center *grin*.

I've got it all ready to go on my tracing paper, reversed image and all, and tomorrow I'm going to transfer it onto a Speedy Cut rubber pad and carve it out. I can't wait to see how it turns out. I've never done lettering before so I'm not sure how tricky it will be but I'll share how it turns out :)

~ Rosina

No comments: